Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sisters' Weekend

I am a very lucky person. I have 2 incredible, talented, supportive, beautiful, kind, wonderful sisters who I was privileged to grow up with, AND ... 7 equally incredible, talented, supportive, beautiful, kind and wonderful sisters who I inherited! I love you all.

I spent the weekend with 5 of Brad's sisters and 1 niece last weekend. We stayed in Park City at a condo and shopped, ate, talked, stayed up late, slept in, ate, talked, shopped, ate, talked, watched movies, .... It was SO FUN!!!! The Rose girls definitely need to institute a Sisters' Weekend as well!!!

Brad took Friday off work and took the kids to Logan for a dentist appt. with Stanton. He and Juge then took all the kids to McDonald's for lunch and playland time. I just happened to call while they were trying to extricate Jack from the big tubey-thing. He was NOT happy about leaving. Brad was dangerously close to having to climb in there and take him by force. (Been there, done that!) Luckily, Jack finally cooperated. They then returned home and spend a fun weekend playing with Dad! He's such a gem. The kids barely noticed I was gone. :)

I had to laugh because Brad is so in control. The house was spotless, the kids were happy, yardwork was done, they made it to church, etc., etc., but his big stress was Kate's hair!!! He gave me a big Napoleon Dynamite sigh before I left because he was so worried about it. I did a hairdo that could stay in for 3-4 days (thankyou messy buns and braids!!!) so all he had to do was a little touch-up with hairspray and a comb. He instructed Kate that she was to sleep sitting up the entire weekend because he could not deal with hair mishaps. :) All is well, the hair lasted and Brad was spared a nervous breakdown.




4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I agree on the Rose Sister's Weekend but could Mom come along? Just sounds too darn fun!

Re: Hair Stress.....Grandma's love those easy hairdo's, too! We can deal with the back if all the little front wispies are braided tight and neat! So cute!

That Brad is truly an amazing guy! I'm so glad he married MY daughter! How does he manage to get it all done?

Lori Wilson said...

Moms are always invited to Sisters' Weekend. There wouldn't be any sisters without a MOM!!!! :) We all reminisced this weekend about the fun weekends we shared with Elaine before she passed away. Those are cherished memories!

Love you Mom!

Cindy said...

Great idea! I really think we ought to do this. Let's plan it right away!

B said...

Ooo a sisters weekend sounds fun! maybe i could talk my hubby's family into it.

way cute hair on miss kate, don't you love those hair blogs!!! poor savannah has been neglected in the hair dept since the baby has been born, but I can't complain cuz daddy has been doing hair-love that man of mine!