The abbreviated Rose Family Reunion took place this weekend. I forgot to pull out my camera, so I'll have to pull some pics from other family members later. It was so fun to be together even for a short period of time. The kids had a ball with the cousins, and I loved having some time to visit with Mom and Dad and Cindy and Julie. Our lives are all so busy that we rarely have these times together anymore. It was such a treat to spend even a few hours. Friday was spend at Mom and Dad's house. We had an amazing dinner (thanks Mom), followed by a fun FHE and the annual talent show. As usual we were wowed by all the great talents shared by each of the kids. My favorite this year was 3 year old Lily's word for word recitation of the book "The Three Billy Goats' Gruff" complete with character voices. She is a hoot. Each of the kids had something wonderful to share (including Kaleb, who danced and showed off his muscles -- way to go Little DJ Jr.!) One of the highlights of the evening was Grandma Johnson coming with Kim, Deron, and Collin, who were visiting from Arizona. It was so fun having a chance to catch up with them. They are such a terrific family. We love them so much.
Saturday we got up (after sleeping in -- which was such a gift), ate a yummy breakfast, then headed to Idaho Falls to spend the day at Cindy and DJ's house. The kids played nonstop, and I got to hold the twins (which I had been aching to do!). We had the perfect relaxing day, just spent visiting, catching up, laughing, eating, and watching the kids. Even though it was short, it was great to be together.
The only thing that was rotten about the whole weekend was that Matt, Sara, Luke, Emma, and Gavin weren't there. We missed them so much. Thankfully we were able to spend some great time with them a couple of weeks ago when they were out. We love you all so much and thought about you often while we were together.
I'm so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and for the sealing power of the temple. Families are such a blessing. I love each of you and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to bound together for eternity.
April 16-30 2015
-
4/16
You need a Clara Barton costume tomorrow!!? No problem.
#pinteresttotherescue
4/17
Emmy did a great job on her Clara Barton report!!
camping in ...
11 years ago

2 comments:
that was a lot to catch up on! I hope someone took pictures because I forgot to even bring my camera. Grrrr.....
I am so sad that we missed it!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast and we were there in spirit! I am so glad that we got to spend time with you while we were out...you did so much for us with that wonderful lunch! Thank you! And thanks for your nice comment on our blog...I love you guys so much and feel SOOOOOOO blessed to have married such a wonderful husband with such a WONDERFUL family!
Post a Comment