Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Brad and I were asked to be on our stake's 4th of July float for the Rupert parade last Saturday. He was George Washington and I was Amelia Earhart. We had a great time. My friend Amber was Betsy Ross and we also had Elvis and three Iwo Jima soldiers on board. The theme was "Only in America", so each of the American icons was meant to represent something remarkable that happened because of the wonderful freedoms we enjoy. We won the prize for the "Best Use of the Theme." It turned out pretty cute. :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Now we all know what Brad will look like with gray hair. (just don't wear it long and curly, K/) ha ha! Looks like such a fun day. I bet the kids loved seeing you guys on the float. Love you and see you next week.

Rebecca and Aric said...

This is just too cute! Love it Lori and Brad-way to go!!