Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Three Months, New Show, No Sleep!

I'm so excited!!! I auditioned for the role of "Narrator" in our community's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" last weekend. Last night I went to callbacks with three other awesome ladies, and I was offered the part!!!! I have wanted to play that part FOREVER!!! As an added bonus, it's the perfect family show, so if Brad can free up his schedule, he has been recruited to play one of the brothers and the kids are part of the Children's Chorus (except for Jack-Jack, who will be the show's mascot, I suppose!).

The show goes on the end of January/first part of February at the King Fine Arts Center in Burley. Hope you can all come and see it!

It will be a very busy three months, but the fact that we can be together as a family while we do it is a huge bonus. I hope the kids know what they're in for (of course they don't. What, am I crazy?! There will be some very tired and cranky moments, no doubt, but in the long run I think/hope we'll make some really wonderful memories together.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Lori!!!! That's so exciting! That is one of the great Broadway parts, isn't it?!

Congratulations!

Cindy said...

Wow, Lor! How exciting! We would love to come and see you all perform. What a neat thing for your family to all be involved in. Way to go!

Love ya!

Christie said...

Thats very cool Lor, let us know for sure when it is and we will give it our best shot at coming to watch you, I can just see you in the part. You are going to be amazing!!!

Greg and Wendy said...

We are so happy for you! I know you have always hoped you could have that part some day. It is just perfect for you! This is a perfect show for all of you to be involved in...you're makin' memories!!!! We will definitely be over to see the show!

Natie said...

What a neat experience this will be for your family. Your kids are learning so many great things from you. What a talented family!

The Florida Roses said...

That is sooooo cool! I wish so bad we could be there to see you!
Love ya!
Sara

Lindsay said...

That is so exciting! You will be perfect for that part! I really want to come up and see it!