Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Brad's Little Adventure

Yesterday we had an interesting experience. If you'll remember,Brad had his appendix out a couple of months ago. When the pathology came back they discovered that he had some polyps in it, which apparently is quite rare. Because of this, his doctor was concerned that he may have polyps in his colon or intestines, so he got to have the wonderful experience of a colonoscopy - yeehaw! They put him completely out for the procedure just in case they needed to remove any polyps once they got in there, so that part of it wasn't too bad, since he was completely comatose for it. However, the 24 hours leading up to the test were pretty hair-raising. That poor guy, I felt so bad for him -- let's just say that they want your colon and intestines squeaky clean before they go in there for a look around, so they give you some pretty intense medication that 'greases the wheels' (so to speak!). Not a fun experience. Thankfully, though, he passed the test with flying colors, no indication of anything remotely polyp related, so we are grateful and immensely relieved. Brad's back to normal and feeling especially thankful that he probably won't have to go through this particular ordeal for another 10-15 years! Hooray!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, I've heard that stuff is NASTY! Glad he's doing better and there was "no news."

I'm so glad you're blogging! I love love love this thing. Really. And I love that you're doing it!

The Florida Roses said...

Hopefully only the 'wheels' were greased, Brad! Yikes!

Christi said...

Hey!!! I'm so excited your a blogger now! I've been hoping some of the Wilson's would join in.

Uncle Brad, I so feel your pain. I had to have a colonoscope (sp?)too. Last Memorial weekend. I'm so glad the results came back negative-mine did too. Maybe it's a Wilson thing. lol, hopefully you won't need it again for a LONG time.

I CAN'T believe how big your kids are! They are so cute. I can't wait to see all the pics and read more about what's going on in Idaho.

Come check out my blog

rcandkd.blogspot.com

Love you!

Christi said...

oh and if you want to read about mine here's the link
http://rcandkd.blogspot.com/2007/05/one-crazy-weekend.html

Be forewarned though, it's VERY long!

Greg and Wendy said...

I refuse to be too graphic about the colonoscopy so I'll just say that I totally agree with your post, especially the "day before, squeaky clean" part. Not a good memory!
Dad