Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who Knew?

I inadvertently broke Jack's heart yesterday. I was washing all the bedding in the house, but he was downstairs when I stripped the beds. Later in the morning he went upstairs and completely wigged out because his bed was NOT right. He just kept crying and moaning, "ma ed, ma ed" and "a-keen, a-keen" (that's 'my bed, my bed' and 'McQueen, McQueen' [as in Lightning McQueen from Cars] for those of you who don't speak Jackanese). I had to take him downstairs and let him watch the sheets and blankets roll around in the dryer so he could catch a glimpse of his beloved bedding before he could calm down and start laughing that sad, happy, overemotional laugh we all have when we've just had the scare of our lives. What a drama.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Brig says "Keen" for McQueen and I just love it! He freaks when his "actay" (tractor) blanket is in the wash, too.

I think it's so sweet that he realized everything was all wrong when he looked at his bed. And oh, how I know that cry! What a sweetheart.

Greg and Wendy said...

It is amazing to see how much of their surroundings they absorb at this age and how much they love order and routine! So cute but heartbreaking to think of him getting so upset! Give his kisses from G&G Rose.
Love,
Mom