Monday, September 29, 2008

I Must Be Really Hungry

Are you cracking up that all I've posted about today is food? I guess autumn just brings out the storer/gatherer instinct in me. Subconsciously I must be planning to store up a little more fat for the winter months. :)

One last recipe today for those of you who are inundated with peaches right now. I got this one from a great lady in my ward. It's easy, fast, and yummy -- SCORE!

Peaches and Cream Pie

8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
12 oz. Cool-Whip
1-2 quarts fresh peaches (cubed) - depending on how much or how little you like peaches, I guess!
2 store-bought graham cracker crusts (the smaller ones)

Cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar, then add the cool-whip. Fold in the peaches to taste and divide between the two pie crusts. (Note: you can make your own graham cracker crust, but it gets pretty soggy- the store-bought ones work much better.) Ready to serve right away, or chill and serve. It will start to get soggy after 24-36 hours. So plan to eat it when you make it (shouldn't be a problem!).

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

The Cut and Paste worked great! What a nice idea for getting your recipes into the cookbook little by little! Any of the rest of you who would like to do this, go ahead...as long as you are sure I have a link to your blogs. Hey, Lor...you made my mouth water with these posts! Now I just have to figure out how to adjust them to a gluten-free diet! Seriously, I am looking so forward to experimenting in cooking again! I have been thinking about the fun I can have but you have really motivated me!
Dad and I are really looking forward to our Sun Valley Convention as well! I've never been there...can't wait!
Love you lots!
Mom

Cindy said...

Yum, Yum, Lor! The pie sounds so yummy. I'm all for something yummy and fast. I look forward to someday having a little more time to create something yummy in the kitchen, for now my family has to settle for the usual taco, spaghetti, meatloaf, etc. Bummer!! My mouth is watering for some of your food. Love you