Monday, March 2, 2009

A Fun Surprise


Saturday Brad attended the funeral of the wife of the Spanish Branch President. It was a sad occasion since she was very young (only in her early 50s). She died unexpectedly, although she has had heart problems for most of her life. At the funeral he noticed a familiar name on the program: "Suzette Alder"! Suzette is a dear friend from way back when I started college. She was the secretary of the Economics department and I was her little assistant. She's always been so good to me. I worked with her for all four years of college, then moved on to work with her roommate (also a dear friend), Rayann Hansen, at Mt. Logan Middle School (my first teaching job). These two girls have been such wonderful examples to me, and have continued to be dear, dear friends over all these years. We were able to spend an hour or two visiting with them after the luncheon. It was a fun surprise, even on a sad day. Love you guys!!!!

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Hi Lori,
Suzette was a good friend to me, too, while I was at USU. Please tell her hello from me, will you? What a great lady!
Love, Dad

Unknown said...

Lori,

I've never been on someone's blog before. How fun for me! I sent you the pictures from the funeral so happy posting. How nice to hear from your dad.......hello Greg. Those were the good old days at USU. What a history I have with the Rose's, eh? I love your daughter. We had a wonderful time seeing each other again and visiting just like we had never been apart. A very tender mercy for me. The longer I live the more I realize that the relationships in life are not a coincidence. Love you all.

Greg and Wendy said...

What a wonderful blessing on an otherwise rather sorrowful day! I agree with Suzette...relationships are not a coincidence but orchestrated by a loving Heavenly Father.
Love,
Mom