Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Traffic Cops

While I was making dinner the other night, the kids entertained themselves outside (on one of our rare, 'warm' (in the 40s) evenings. Kate made all sorts of traffic signs and taped them on boxes and cans, then Todd made a ticket book, then they placed the signs strategically all over the back yard. They took turns being the policeman and each rode their scooters around the obstacle course, giving each other tickets for violating posted warning signs. They were entertained for a good 2 hours. Made me look forward to warm summer nights. I think they're antsy for winter to be over. :)





Not even Jack escaped the wrath of the ticket monsters! I think he might be able to appeal on the grounds that he doesn't know how to read yet. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca and Aric said...

So fess up-who got the speeding ticket around your house lately??? ha ha Really fun when they come up with their own games to keep them entertained.

Greg and Wendy said...

Adorable pictures! What great imaginations the kids have. I think everyone is antsy and very ready for time outside in the sunshine...including me!
Love,
Mom