Brad and I had a wonderful opportunity Friday night to go to the Twin Falls Temple for the first time as patrons. We performed initiatory work along with about 20 members of our ward, then, as per our assignment, we all stayed to help clean the temple until about 10:45pm. It was such a special, spiritual experience. I've never gotten to do that before and I LOVED it. It's an incredible feeling to get to do something so personal for the Lord. I enjoyed it more than I can say. I only wish I enjoyed cleaning my own house that much!
Having the temple so close is an absolute dream come true. Gone are the days of the all day temple excursion! Brad caught a ride to work with a neighbor who also works at Glanbia, then late in the afternoon I drove to Twin with the kids, we picked up Brad, went to dinner, then took the kids to Amber and Joe's house (Amber is our niece that was recently married) where they happily played for the next few hours while we were at the temple. It was a late night because of the cleaning assignment, but we were still home by around midnight. We are so blessed to have a temple in our midst.
April 16-30 2015
-
4/16
You need a Clara Barton costume tomorrow!!? No problem.
#pinteresttotherescue
4/17
Emmy did a great job on her Clara Barton report!!
camping in ...
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment