Friday, September 5, 2008

I've Got a "Mom Buzz"

Jack and I have really been enjoying a little one on one time since the other two kids went back to school. Having the entire day to hang out has been such a pleasure. I'm really making a concerted effort to not clog up my schedule with responsibilities that take me away from quality time with my little guy.

Yesterday was one of the best days I can remember having in a really long time. We got up and got Todd and Kate off to the bus, then promptly sat down and started reading. A bookshelf full of books and two hours later we decided to build a big train track. Then we colored some pictures, ate some lunch, and sat down in the rocking chair where we rocked (I'm not even kidding about this!) for 3 hours. We just sat and sang and rocked and snuggled until he fell asleep. How much better can it get?

I love being a mom. :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Loved this post, Lor! It's so awesome that you took the time to do that and I'm sure Jack was in Heaven. Sometimes I wish I had no errands, responsibilities (laundry, dishes,)etc. so that I could just spend time playing with the kids and doing what you did every day! You are a great mom! Love you

Greg and Wendy said...

Good old mellow Jack! What a sweet, patient little guy! I want to get him back here so I can tickle him again and make him laugh.

Love, Grandpa Rose

Greg and Wendy said...

So glad you posted such a great day with your cute little Jack! It was inspiring for all of us to read!