Monday, September 29, 2008

Sun Valley, Idaho


Brad and I had the opportunity to get away ALONE for a few days to Sun Valley! He had a conference for work and I was able to attend on the company's dime with him. We had a phenomenal time -- it is absolutely gorgeous up there.
Okay, so the picture above is not from the trip - I forgot to take my camera, but just imagine it sans snow and you've got it.
While Brad was in meetings I shopped, ate, slept, read, sat by the fire, watched tv, and just generally vegged out! In the evenings we attended dinners hosted by the conference -- one of which was at the River Run Lodge. Wow, it was stunningly beautiful there. I had a great time shopping in Sun Valley and Ketchum. Let me add that I mainly window shopped because -- WOW -- it is expensive up there!!! I saw a beautiful jacket from across the room at a store near the Sun Valley Lodge, thought I'd look at it a little closer, turned over the price tag and saw $1595.00, turned around and practically ran out of the store for fear I'd accidentally trip and rip the jacket off the hanger and have to buy it. Can I ask what in the world would cause a jacket to be worth $1600.00?? I mean, really, that is ridiculous.

I did find some fun little items that didn't set me back two mortgage payments, and was completely happy with my spoils. Mostly it was just wonderful to have some time alone with Brad.
I also got a big kick out of the swans that live on the ground of the Sun Valley Resort. They are beautiful and dangerous. Apparently they are very territorial and will not hesitate to chase and/or bite anyone who gets in their way. I found them to be rather sweet, but several of the conference attendees were petrified of them!! It was hilarious to watch people hug the sides of buildings or make large and obvious detours just to avoid any potential contact with the swans. I know I'm deranged, but it really cracked me up!

The kids stayed with our awesome friends, Amber and Mike Tribe (they lovingly refer to Amber as their 'other mother'). They have kids that are similar in age, so each of the kids has a built in playmate. They had a fantastic time, didn't ask about us once, and were heartily disappointed when we showed up to pick them up on Friday night!! It was wonderful knowing that they were having a terrific time as well. I think we all enjoyed the break.

Now I'm just attempting to reenter the realm of real life. My schedule is calling ...

1 comments:

TaLaisa said...

What a fun little get away!

Maybe the jacket was sewn with gold??? Lol.

Good luck on the 'lifestyles of the rich and famous' detox period. Back to laundry and home cooked food and dishes.

Please let me know when Kate's bracelet arrives.