Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Offer That's Hard to Refuse

So, in an effort to not clog up my life, I decided not to teach my little private school math class like I did last year. The drive to Burley just drove me crazy (no pun intended there!). I liked being able to have Jack with me, but I did not like dragging him out of the house when he wanted to stay in bed, didn't feel well, wanted to play, wanted to hang out in his diaper, ... (the list goes on and on). Also, I felt that it really cut into the time I was able to devote to helping in the other kids classrooms. I have been really happy with the decision thusfar, but received a very tempting phone call two days ago.

The wife of the principal of American Heritage Academy (the school where I taught last year) called to offer me a pretty decent pay raise along with the offer to teach from home over the internet. I would just teach 3 kids, 4 days a week, one hour a day total, they'd buy me a webcam and writing pad and the kids would email their assignments back and forth to me. I wouldn't have to leave the house, go to faculty meetings, etc. and I'd make more money. I'm SOOO tempted. It's tough to turn down several hundred extra dollars a month for just an hour at the computer 4 days a week. Also, I could set my own schedule which would be nice. I need the flexibility of that. Well, Brad and I are going to fast and pray for some guidance this Sunday, so I'll let you know what happens after that.

Funny how these opportunities keep finding me.

3 comments:

Christie said...

So Lori what have you decided to do. You are an amazing tutor. I remember when I brought Nate to you. I wish you would've been closer for all the kids. We have a gal that tutors here in town and she is amazing. She charges $25 an hour and it is well worth every penny, if your child doesn't get it. She has helped all of my kids at different times and we really love her. So I know you are torn. Just do what is best for your family at this point in life. But you do have an amazing talent thats' for sure. Love ya Chris

Greg and Wendy said...

What a fun offer! It makes me wonder if there isn't a wider opportunity for this with a bigger audience!? Sorry, it's the avaricious businessman in me, I guess. Seriously, it makes me so happy when I consider your awesome gifts that you chose to nurture your children first. What a wonderful mom and a wonderful choice!

Love, Dad

Greg and Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.