Just a few words about my online teaching adventure ... I LOVE IT!!! I can't believe how well it is working out and how much I am enjoying teaching. I have the absolute best of both worlds in that I get stay home and not disrupt Jack's life, while earning a little extra money sitting at the computer for 3-4 hours a week (something I do anyway). I have a webcam and a digital notebook which I can capture and send to my students so they can see me and what I am writing in real time. I teach each student individually for about 20 minutes, then give them an assignment which their parent corrects, then they fix any mistakes they can and save any questions they may have until the next lesson. Each student is at a different level so the system works great, as the individual attention really helps them. It's more like having a private tutor. I especially like the part where I don't have to grade anything! I also love not having to worry about classroom management and behavior issues. The kids dial in from home and school both, but they always have a parent nearby that observes the lesson and is able to help from that end. From my perspective it's probably some of the most rewarding teaching I've ever done. The other thing I'm enjoying about it is the flexibility. I'm going to Sun Valley with Brad for a few days next week (work conference), so I won't be available to teach. Instead of having to find a substitute, we have just rescheduled extra days on a couple of Fridays, etc. Talk about a dream job. I feel very blessed.
April 16-30 2015
-
4/16
You need a Clara Barton costume tomorrow!!? No problem.
#pinteresttotherescue
4/17
Emmy did a great job on her Clara Barton report!!
camping in ...
11 years ago

5 comments:
Thanks for your comment. I always love to read your blog and see how you and the fam are doing. We are doing well. I'm recovering really well too. I just have to have enough energy to keep up! I love that you love what your doing. What a blessing to be able to do both-work and stay at home. Love you, thanks for being such a great aunt!
Oh also, I don't know if dad (Dan, my dad) told anyone -probably not, but he's haveing a colenoscopy today so keep him in your prayers please.
That does sound like a dream job! How exciting to find something that fills a need and doesn't take away from the desire to be an at home mom.
Blessings, blessings, blessings for all involved! Love you!!!
Mom
What a wonderful opportunity for you and for your students. I miss teaching and would love to find something like that. I'm sure you are an amazing tutor.
Post a Comment